Johnny, Lovely Johnny
乔尼,挚爱的乔尼
The high, high walls of Derry look so dismal and grey,
高高的德里城墙,阴沉,哀伤,
And so does lovely Johnny, he is gone far, far away,
正如我的挚爱乔尼,他已启程,奔赴远方。
And he's gone away to Scotland,some sweetheart for to see,
他要去苏格兰,去那有着他心爱之人的国度,
May the high powers above send him safe home to me.
愿上天之力,将他安然送回我的身旁。
Oh, Johnny, lovely Johnny, do you mind the day?
啊,挚爱的乔尼,你可曾记得那一天?
When you came to my window to steal me away.
当你窃走我的心,恰好在我的窗沿。
You promised that you'd marry me above all female kind.
你曾许诺,在所有女孩中只对我倾心,
Oh, Johnny, lovely Johnny, what has altered your mind?
啊,挚爱的乔尼,是什么使你别恋又移情?
When the first time that I met you, 'tis well I do own,
当我第一次遇见你,我已知我心灵的归属,
'Twas in my father's garden in the County Tyrone,
那还是在蒂伦村,我父亲的花圃,
With my white apron round us, to shield out the wind.
为了挡风,我们包裹住自己,用我那白色的围裙,
Oh, Johnny, lovely Johnny, what has altered your mind?
啊,挚爱的乔尼,是什么使你别恋又移情?
And the next place that we courted, was in yonder garden grove,
那边园中的小树林,我们互诉衷肠的另一地点,
With the blackberry bushes around us they stood,
环绕在你我身边的黑莓荆棘,毫不腼腆,
With the oak and the apple around us they did twine,
包围在你我周围的橡树果树,纠缠不清,
Oh, Johnny, lovely Johnny, what has altered your mind?
啊,挚爱的乔尼,是什么使你别恋又移情?
A bunch of blue ribbons I'll tie up and wear,
一束蓝色的丝带,我将要扎起,
And a wreath of forget-me-nots I'll twine around my hair.
还有一个勿忘草的花环,我将要缠于发际。
And if ever he returns again, I'll greet him with joy,
如果他再次归来,我将祝福他,以高贵的礼仪,
And I will kiss the lips of my own Johnny boy.
我将亲吻他于唇际,那只属于我的乔尼。